Sign in to follow this  

Valve job

Anyone know any good shops near the orlando florida area that i can take my head from my 2002 crf450r in to get my new valves installed 

Installing valves is not difficult with a spring compressor.  I use a large plastic clamp you find at Home Depot and a L-bracket bent into a V shape.  There is a post in the How To section of this site.  The most important thing is getting the valve seats cut (3 or 5 angles) so that you get a good seal.  You can send your head to Agent Smith Racing and he will cut the seats and install the valves for about $75.  Keep in mind that you cannot lap Titanium valves.  Good luck.

You can send your head to Agent Smith Racing and he will cut the seats and install the valves for about $75.  Keep in mind that you cannot lap Titanium valves.  Good luck.

I sent my 08 CRF450R head to AS Racing to have it totally rebuilt and ported. He did a fantastic job. I will gladly send him head work in the future.

Or bigborethumpers.com we have everything you need. We even offer a new head for your bike with stainless steel valves heavy duty springs and titanium retainers and can be shipped to your door in a couple of days so there is less down time. $549.95

Or bigborethumpers.com we have everything you need. We even offer a new head for your bike with stainless steel valves heavy duty springs and titanium retainers and can be shipped to your door in a couple of days so there is less down time. $549.95

i thought you were not supposed to advertise

No that is why we are a paid advertiser. Bigborethumpers.com see our banner pop up on the top of the page.

cool I'm on the app so there is no ads on the top
  • Like 1

No that is why we are a paid advertiser. Bigborethumpers.com see our banner pop up on the top of the page.

so the head comes complete for only 550? Do you have to send the old one in or something

Dont see how you can go wrong with a factory valve job and then APE blends the seats for a perfect transition from the port to the seat. Toped off with Stainless steel valves, heavy duty valve springs, titanium retainers, and new keepers for $550