Sign in to follow this  

Hi, was just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me if the leatt gpx pro carbon medium would fit someone that is 6'3 215lbs thinking about buying one online

They have a sizing chart on there website and I would recommend the atlas neck brace it's the most comfortable and best designed neck brace on the market imo.

They have a sizing chart on there website and I would recommend the atlas neck brace it's the most comfortable and best designed neck brace on the market imo.

I'm not arguing with you, but just out of curiosity, why do you think the atlas is better than the leatt?

I'm not arguing with you, but just out of curiosity, why do you think the atlas is better than the leatt?

I tried on both the atlas is just a lot more comfortable and the design is better in my opinion they have the back support sitting on your shoulder blades instead of your spine and it doesn't sit on your collarbone. Not once have I noticed it when riding.

I would say the decision to wear a brace is the first step in the right direction.  Obviously, I choose Leatt, mostly because I have seen one disintegrate during a crash while my son walked away.  In fact, he has crashed a lot with the Leatt and has sustained no injuries.  It works, so we stick with it.  Besides, the GPX Pro Lite is pretty streamlined.  I guess they have a new brace called GPX 5.5, which is less expensive than the GPX Pro Lite and seems to be lower profile.  Looks pretty cool.  

The thing with a brace is, you want something that is comfortable and out of the way.  So personal preference makes a big difference.  

Order from a place like Rocky Mountain so you can return it if you don't like it.  Better yet, order two or three and return the ones you don't want to keep.  Rocky Mountain is the real deal.  Just call them and tell them what you want to do.  They will probably say "No problem Dude!  It's all good!"  I love that guy.

Good luck finding a great brace.

I tried on both the atlas is just a lot more comfortable and the design is better in my opinion they have the back support sitting on your shoulder blades instead of your spine and it doesn't sit on your collarbone. Not once have I noticed it when riding.

Did you get the chance to try the new leatt? They are also now designed where the back piece is split allowing for it to sit to the side of the spine

Did you get the chance to try the new leatt? They are also now designed where the back piece is split allowing for it to sit to the side of the spine

Ya the new 5.5 is actually the one I tried on. The back support still mostly felt like it was sitting on my spine though.
  • Like 1