Sign in to follow this  

Washington The roots of KTM: the John Penton Story.....on film

Ride some Taneum trails, have a cold one at the historic Brick saloon in Roslyn, and then watch the true story of a legendary man and the motorcycles he purpose-built for enduro competition.

This is a special screening of the John Penton Story, on September 13th, at 3:30 p.m. at the Roslyn theater.

Check out the flyer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsDLrdryBfY

• Like 2

I bought the first Penton that was uncrated in Buffalo NY. I won The Western New York Enduro Riders over all trophy with it that year. This is a film I have to see.

• Like 8

How 'bout it: Shrode....Yogi....Windypass.....Chuck.......Lockguy......Russ......paverboy........bring some riding pals and we'll swap stories over pizza and beer after the film

Edited by Moe Mentum

I'm in on this. Joe,kev,jim,schrode, and ? a little ride north of the boarder beforehand.

Edited by pard
  • Like 1

I'm in on this. Joe,kev,jim,schrode, and ? a little ride north of the boarder beforehand.

What border? show starts at 330.

Joe

Here's the "official" site for this screening, where you can order tickets, and also see how many have sold, etc.

http://gathr.us/screening/8567

It's almost a month away, and tickets are starting to move....we are trying to fill all 91 seats.  The local t.v. and radio stations are going to help too, so get your tickets soon: let's make sure this happens

Here's the "official" site for this screening, where you can order tickets, and also see how many have sold, etc.

http://gathr.us/screening/8567

We're almost there.....this will happen as planned....get your tickets at the above link.........

We're almost there.....this will happen as planned....get your tickets at the above link.........

O.K..............Enough tickets have sold on line to make this happen, and now tickets will be available at the door as well........

C'mon over and check it out.........

• Like 1

How 'bout it: Shrode....Yogi....Windypass.....Chuck.......Lockguy......Russ......paverboy........bring some riding pals and we'll swap stories over pizza and beer after the film

I would love to, lots of riding memories from the 70s but I have a prior commitment for that afternoon and evening.

I remember the Pentons and almost bought one but ended up buying a Bultaco 360 Frontera from Don Rhodes, plated it and modded it with Pursang stuff. Put thousands of trail miles on that bike doing Enduros and riding Taneum, wish I hadn't sold it.

the problem I have is that it's at 3:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday....I'll be floatin on the Tieton.  If it was later I could prolly make it :(

I would love to, lots of riding memories from the 70s but I have a prior commitment for that afternoon and evening.

I remember the Pentons and almost bought one but ended up buying a Bultaco 360 Frontera from Don Rhodes, plated it and modded it with Pursang stuff. Put thousands of trail miles on that bike doing Enduros and riding Taneum, wish I hadn't sold it.

If anyone knows how to contact Iris or David..............bet they would enjoy this too :thumbsup:

Well I missed at but had tickets. Car broke down on I-90. DOH

Hope the movie was good and went well

Well I missed it even though I had tickets. Car broke down on I-90. DOH

Hope the movie was good and went well

I bought the first Penton that was uncrated in Buffalo NY. I won The Western New York Enduro Riders over all trophy with it that year. This is a film I have to see.

OG was that 1967?

FYI, KTM predates John Pentons involvement by a few decades.

Hope y'all enjoyed the movie, I'll make a point of watching it sometime.

OG was that 1967?

No. I had a Greeves in 67. It was 68 or 69, and it was my class I won. Not the overall. Memory fades in and out lately.

Edited by oldgrunt