Sign in to follow this  

RM 85 or yz 85

Hi I've bought a 2007 rm 85 a month and a half ago from a dealer and within the first 6 days I had it I noticed that the radiaters were done and it's been at the dealer for a month a 9 days so I'm considering just giving it back to them and taking the money back so anyways I am just wondering if I should wait and get it back ( it could probably use some linkage bearings soon and also coming on the end of the 6 days I had it, the idle was going really high and then I would put it In gear, the idle would die down as I started taking off and then go back up again and I'm wondering if that could be bad and more money that I shouldn't have to spend) so I seen a 2012 yz 85 that is clean and very nice for a good price and I mainly ride enduro trails and a little bit of motocross every now and then and I was wondering if there is a big difference in bottom end any ways I was just wondering if that problem with the idle is a major problem that could cost me more money I just want to be able to go out and ride again :/

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406945759.842533.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406945772.425392.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406945800.591487.jpg

Learn how to maintain your bike lol I had a 06 rm85 and blew it up rebuilt the whole engine and RAN that bike hard I was keeping up to people on 250 4 strokes and they would stop me while riding and say dude that thing hulls ass is that a 125? I like Rms a lot but Yzs are fastest stock 85s made idk what you like but I would keep the RmImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406958603.942276.jpg

-The brave may not live forever,but the cautious never live at all.-

Ya I only had it for 6 days I cleaned the airfilter, new plug, oil change, and drained all the dirt out of the gas tank and put new coolent in and it all leaked out

Not sure if they would just give you your money back.. And no the yz85's are not the fastest stock 85. The KTM's are, then the kx's. Not that that matters anyway. You simply need to just adjust your idle on the rm85. Look in the manual and it'll tell you exactly how to do it.