Sign in to follow this  

KX250f radiator not flowing

I did a top end on my bike, its a 07 kx250f and when i went to start it the cylinder and cylinder head got extremely hot, to were it burns your fingers after a second of touching it. I know its not supposed to be that hot cause i felt my other bikes. when i went to feel the radiator fluid it was luke warm even though the cylinder was burning hot. oh and i had just redid my radiator fluid(drained the old, put new in) any ideas on how i can fix the flow and get it working again???

any comments are appreciated.

I did a top end on my bike, its a 07 kx250f and when i went to start it the cylinder and cylinder head got extremely hot, to were it burns your fingers after a second of touching it. I know its not supposed to be that hot cause i felt my other bikes. when i went to feel the radiator fluid it was luke warm even though the cylinder was burning hot. oh and i had just redid my radiator fluid(drained the old, put new in) any ideas on how i can fix the flow and get it working again???

any comments are appreciated.

maybe flipped the base gasket the wrong way?

Air pocket in the head? I've had that happen befor and I went riding and when I would be on it really hard I could hear some gurgaling.. So I shut it off and checked my radiator and it was a little low. Stuck my finger in there and it was warm not boiling over or nothin

-The brave may not live forever,but the cautious never live at all.-

Combustion gasses leaking into cooling system via damaged head gasket, warped or cracked head, may disrupt flow, worn or broken water pump impeller, air lock causing no flow, but this should have burped by now. If you have combustion leaking into coolant, you would likely see air bubbles in radiator with the cap off.