Sign in to follow this  

2006 kx450f good for me?

Ok so i stumbled apon a nice bike for 2,100$ I rode it and everything. He had it resleeved and a new 12:1 piston put in it. Starts 1-2 kicks idles forever doesn't stumble, revs quick doesn't back fire on let off I think it's a good running bike but I'm a 2 stroke guy never owned a 4 stroke. He said he runs diesel oil in it because it's more thicker which = better wear protection etc.. And the only thing I notice it does is when you first start it a little bit of black/blue smoke shoots out the exhaust but doesn't do it at all after that. I'm 6'0" 150lbs and a very athletic build. I'm very experienced rider. I'm mainly gonna use it for a trail bike but these trails are wide open and bunch of hill climbs. What I'm asking is,is this bike worth the 2,100$ and will it last a long time if I take care of it. I'm very good with maintenance I never half a** anything. Oh and it has a full stainless pro circuit t4 system and new countershaft sprocket,rear sprocket and renthal O-ring chainImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406953364.867789.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1406953378.084272.jpg

-The brave may not live forever,but the cautious never live at all.-