Sign in to follow this  

200 EXC case swap

I have a 2001 200 EXC with broken cases. I found a set for a 2005 200 EXC.. are they the same? I have looked all over the net trying to get this answered and cant figure it out.. They look the same BUT looks can be deceiving...  Thanks for the help in advance!! 

Those cases should work, there is a minor difference in the crank between those model years but it has no affect on the cases or any other parts. If you wanted to be absolutely 100% certain from a pro as Andrew Cooksey at Cooksey Crank. cookseycrank.com

I have a set off a 02 125 sx, the cyl studs wouldhave to be replaced with the 200 studs.

I have a set off a 02 125 sx, the cyl studs wouldhave to be replaced with the 200 studs.

this is true the 125 cases are a direct for minus changing the studs.

The swingarm bolt hole is larger in diameter on the 05 than the 01 200 cases so its not a direct swap.

Edited by Enduroguy

is their not swing arm bolt hole bushings? and swaping out bushings might work maybe? I know on my old cr500 motors we popped out the bushings and made new ones to get it into a newer style crf frame with the bigger swing arm bolt.

if no bushings just drill the hole for the swing arm bolt bigger ?

I,ve got 03 sx125 cases I might sell if  your interested pm me

is their not swing arm bolt hole bushings? and swaping out bushings might work maybe? I know on my old cr500 motors we popped out the bushings and made new ones to get it into a newer style crf frame with the bigger swing arm bolt.

if no bushings just drill the hole for the swing arm bolt bigger ?

I,ve got 03 sx125 cases I might sell if  your interested pm me

plenty of people have done precisely this.

squidracer what do you mean? swap bushings or drill the case holes bigger?

I've heard of people using the bigger cases and using some bushings and I've also heard of people going the other way and drilling them out. Depending on if you're using new cases on old bike or vice versa. 

Admittedly when I originally said he could do it I had forgotten about that change and him needing to adapt the 05.