Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Bike vs. Quad on MX track. LOL

Any idea what the lap times were? I don't know anything about the quad guy if he's one of the top guys or not, I know Noren is top 10-15 maybe.Who was faster?

Anyone can corner a quad. No ruts to worry about either.

Anyone can corner a quad. No ruts to worry about either.

Go corner that quad at the speed he is and then come tell me anyone can do it. I own both and can ride both at a decent competitive level. Both machines deserve respect and neither machine can be rode fast by "anyone"

http://motocross.transworld.net/1000163480/features/2014-redbud-mx-timed-qualifying/

http://atvmx.escoremx.com/laptimes.asp?s=&c=139&e=8&rn=1&rt=M

Itis smoother thats a quad groomed track,,these guys rely on a turn that they are able to powerslide just as much as a bike relys on a rut they can plant their tire in. A quad guy wants a slick track where a bike wants a rut so both guys had a "decent" track. Lap times aren't far apart. The top quad guys had lap times to put them in the top 5 of the bike class. Since lap times seem to be all ppl are concerned about then it must be all about speed right? Well the speed ain't far apart......

this comparison is stupid, a 450 main vs a practice lap :lol:

here's 2 pro's...watch canards speed vs the quad...not even comparable

• Like 2

I posted this video previously in a topic of its own. The only place I see the bike shine in speed is in the rollers. With that being said I'm glad to see a man at Canards level basically admit they had earned his respect. Most the time the guys like myself that don't rely on a rut as a crutch to their riding will admit respect for the quad only guys.

I posted this video previously in a topic of its own. The only place I see the bike shine in speed is in the rollers. With that being said I'm glad to see a man at Canards level basically admit they had earned his respect. Most the time the guys like myself that don't rely on a rut as a crutch to their riding will admit respect for the quad only guys.

Canard admits he earned his respect, Brown also commented that he had nothing for Canard.

Bikes are faster. Not even debatable.

• Like 2

Canard admits he earned his respect, Brown also commented that he had nothing for Canard.

Bikes are faster. Not even debatable.

Bikes are faster for sure.stock for stock we are comparing a 220lb 55hp bike to a 400lb 45hp quad. If the bike wasn't faster than the quad something's wrong. But the fact that guys can run a 400lb quad even close to the same speed as a bike is amazing. The lap times posted above show they can be at least close to bike speed no matter what time of the day it was, anyone with any common sense can say at a 2.06 lap time around red bud.....those couches were hauling

4 months ago I had a go on my house mates quad. What a rush. I bought my first bike a month Later.A crf450x.Rode it again last week. Have to give respect to the way they handle those quads.

I don't disagree that bikes are faster, but this is not really a fair comparison since this is Trey's home track that he rides virtually every day and designed for bikes.

Bikes are faster for sure.stock for stock we are comparing a 220lb 55hp bike to a 400lb 45hp quad. If the bike wasn't faster than the quad something's wrong. But the fact that guys can run a 400lb quad even close to the same speed as a bike is amazing. The lap times posted above show they can be at least close to bike speed no matter what time of the day it was, anyone with any common sense can say at a 2.06 lap time around red bud.....those couches were hauling

Bro they calm down the tracks for quads lmao, 2.03's were bikes laptimes on a gnarlier track lol

Bro they calm down the tracks for quads lmao, 2.03's were bikes laptimes on a gnarlier track lol

Oh god another "Bro"!!?? Watch the video, one turn was changed. Nothing was "tamed"