Six days/SRT skid plates?

The 6Days has a quick release system, with a quarter turn pin and a bracket that bolts into place on the bike.  KTMs have gussets on the frame to attach this mount.  Taking the plate on/off takes 2 seconds, if that.

SRT you have to mess around with that front clamp and 2 bolts every time you take it off.  The bracket just wraps around the frame rails.  I bought a Hyde for my YZ with a similar system and never used it because it was such a pain.

I bought the 6Days, totally worth it, imo.  

The Six Days skid plate is well worth the money, my favorite KTM Power Part actually.  Makes cleaning the bike a breeze being able to take the skid plate off in 2 seconds.  It glides over obstacles very well and holds up in the rocks.  Mine is beat to hell looking but still functions fine.

The SRT is not a bad skid plate it does take about three or four min to take on and off so the 2 seconds of the six days may be a benefit if you are having races where you need to remove and install your skid plate mid lap... I haven't seen the need to remove mine yet lucky me but if I was doing it over again I would of gone with a TM design works skid plate

• Like 1