mixture screw confusion

Ive read alot of posts and ive read two different suggestions , my paticular problem is my 450 runs smoothest at half turn out or less , so naturally i was going to go down one on the pilot so i could adj the screw out more , but there are threads here that says go up one , i was reading that a 2t mixture screw is called an air screw , and on a 4t its called a fuel screw , Do they actually work oppiset  of each other ? its basiclly a bitch to get in there and change these and ive spent enough time on this bike already redoing the whole topend I just want to go ride today  and not have to play with pilot jets ,and yea its hard to start , hot or cold , when i put a new pro circuit cam in and redid the valves , its harder to kick so its forcing me to get the pilot just right .

thanks 

Get an R&D remote fuel screw so you can keep it properly adjusted.

You start with it at 1 turn out, then lower the idle as low as it will go with the idle screw (hot hot hot motor)

Then raise the idle with the FUEL SCREW by turning it out.

If the idle goes too high, lower with the idle screw, and keep trying the fuel screw for max idle

Once you get it as high as it will go using the fuel screw, and are achieving the correct idle rpm, you now fine tune it for how fast it drops to idle after blipping. 

There will be a sweet spot where it drops the fastest, even with 1/8 turn adjustments.

The next time you start the bike, resist the temptation to adjust the fuel screw until the motor is hot, and you will probably find it is fine, unless the air pressure or density has change signifigantly.

I don't have the time to read all that and decipher what you're trying to show me. What does it say?

Just the same thing you said just from the manufacture site , were i guess i was confused was the 2t , i just thought out always meant more air , is it uncommon on these 450's to be at a 40 pilot? everything is running good now and starts fine but i had to goto a 40@ 2 turns out, i cant remember what needle i ended up with pretty sure it was a jd . that was a while ago i was in there , just has a pro circuit cam , and a white bros full carbon exhaust , very open pipe and muffler , i was qurious too what kind of topend it had so i took along my gps after everything was broken in and dialed, with a 49 on the rear it did 92mph

Don't ask for advice if you are going to shun it and say 'you don't have time'.

That's rude.

I believe he was quoting what I stated a few posts up. It's all good. Edited by Eddie8v
  • Like 1

im using aol it won't let me use the quote button, Kah Ran Nee I beleive it was some of your old posts that confused me .

im using aol it won't let me use the quote button, Kah Ran Nee I beleive it was some of your old posts that confused me .

• Like 1