have to push the back brake really hard to lock it up

any idea how i can fix this, when i go to lockup my rear break or even slow down i have to put a ton of weight on the rear brake lever, it takes alot of force to even move the lever down. also anything i can do, my front breaks squeak whenever i use them even if their not hot

my 2014 kx450 brakes squealed. I tried different pads and but could not get rid of the sound. IN the end I swapped out the rotor for a floating rotor and that finally fixed it. I've never had that issue you mentioned about the rear brake. Have you tried bleeding out the system? is your linkage adjusted correctly? 

my 2014 kx450 brakes squealed. I tried different pads and but could not get rid of the sound. IN the end I swapped out the rotor for a floating rotor and that finally fixed it. I've never had that issue you mentioned about the rear brake. Have you tried bleeding out the system? is your linkage adjusted correctly? 

i havent, it doesnt have that air feel to it but ill try and see what happens, thanks. and linkge for the brake?

• 3 weeks later...

first bleed it out there might be air in the system then do what woods rider recamends check the brake pin 

will do once i test it again, i took a paper towel and wiped the entire rear and front rotor and there was grease on it, i guess from when they ship the bike so in the next month or so im gonna see if that was the cause.

If you want to get rid of the squeal, try soaking the pads over night in rubbing alcohol and rubbing the rotor down with a brand new scotch brite pad and alcohol again. let them dry for a day or so and see how it works.

I use this all the time for my mountain bikes and it hasn't failed me yet.

• Like 1