Sign in to follow this  

Carb question

My 04 yz250f doesent idle of choke and I read that it's probably a clogged pilot jet. I'm going I take the carb out to clean it but. Do I need to count the number of turns when I take the jet out or do I just screw it back in? I don't take apart carbs so I am clueless thanks

My new bike will only run on choke. If I put the choke off it dies. The previous owner didn't ride the bike a lot and the gas was about a year old so I drained that. Haven't taken the carb off yet but I imagine the jets are clogged. It does have a fmf slip on and needs to be rejeted but I don't have the jets yet. My question. Will it hurt the bike if I ride it with the choke on for a few hours? And will it not being jetted affect it negatively, thanks

I ride bikes for enjoyment. Riding a bike that doesn't run right is no fun. Will it run rich enough to wash the rings and cause premature cylinder wear ...probably not but I'd spend the extra time cleaning the carb before running it even if that means pulling the carb twice.

I ride bikes for enjoyment. Riding a bike that doesn't run right is no fun. Will it run rich enough to wash the rings and cause premature cylinder wear ...probably not but I'd spend the extra time cleaning the carb before running it even if that means pulling the carb twice.

I haven't pulled the carb yet becuase it looks confusing to get off, and I also don't know with jets if I have to count the number of turns when I take them out, this said idk if this will fix my problem but it seems like the reason it won't run off choke is a clogged pilot jet, does that sound right?

1993 Kawasaki kx125

2004 Yamaha yz250f

I haven't pulled the carb yet becuase it looks confusing to get off, and I also don't know with jets if I have to count the number of turns when I take them out, this said idk if this will fix my problem but it seems like the reason it won't run off choke is a clogged pilot jet, does that sound right?

I don't want to take it apart if I don't have to. I just want to make sure I can ride it without the choke on so I don't cause any more damage

1993 Kawasaki kx125

2004 Yamaha yz250f

1993 Kawasaki kx125

2004 Yamaha yz250f

Just replace the pilot jet with a new one....it is corroded.

Dealers not open today and I don't have a new one.. Kinda wanted to ride it today.. What's the worst that would happen if I just ride it with the choke on?

*edit* I'll just be trail riding nothif hard

1993 Kawasaki kx125

2004 Yamaha yz250f

Edited by Drewster2020