Sign in to follow this  

Good Crf 100f Oil

Hey guys just wondering what oil I need for a stock standard crf 100. I ride around in the trails occasional mud bog. I don't something that I have to change every day just something that's last for 1-2 months.

Oh boy this ones gonna have tons of different replies with equivalents, but If you have a Honda shop near by go with their brand . . . Pro Honda GN4, 4-stroke motor oil. Also, bikes go by hours rather than months. Most of us change our oil every few rides because its so easy or 15hrs max.

Edited by Rooster72

Don't waste your money on expensive oil,  those things will run forever even when neglected. Just run standard rotella, if its good enough for modern 250f/450's it's good enough for your crf100.

The most important thing to look for is that it has a JASO rating, or, approved for wet plate clutch use.

There are a bunch of good oils out there. I usually use the rotella t3 white jug oil in my xr's. It's easy to find and relatively inexpensive. There is only about .75 L of oil in the 100 so I change it fairly often in the one we have.

Use the oil that came with the bike

I buy all my oil at Walmart - store brand or whatever's least expensive

Edited by arthur6

Your best bet is to simply make a quick call to the tech line of what ever oil brand you choose...................go right to the source! :thumbsup: About 90% of the advice you get elsewhere is BS............! ;)

Old School Al

Unless you are racing a highly-modified version of the 100 don't waste your time with expensive oils.  These engines are bullet-proof if the oil is changed at regular intervals, like once a year.  Use any good motorcycle oil of the proper viscosity.

If you are racing a highly-modified engine Rotella T6 is a great oil you can find at a good price at Walmart.

Probably best advice I have is just change oil frequently. Any decent oil  as stated above will work. Just change it often and your motor will thank you by running a long time. Cheapest insurance for motor is clean oil. Same goes with rest of bike. Keep air filter clean, lube cables, clean brakes, clean chain and good gas. Personally believe should always have a excellent front tire, will ride with worn rear but a worn front can really hurt you bad.

• Like 2

Personally believe should always have a excellent front tire, will ride with worn rear but a worn front can really hurt you bad.

That is one GREAT point!  I can live with a need-to-be-replaced-soon rear tire but NOT with a worn front.

Edited by VortecCPI

I will gladly take 3 lowside crashes due to worn rear before I will take 1 front-end washout due to front. Those seem to always be the worst crashes and heck a front tire lasts a long time compared to rear. On my vintage racer I had 2 front wheels when we traveled.  hardpack/blue groove and intermediate. Made mistake first year and took mud/sand tires to Brad Lackeys 2 day "sandhill" race only to find it was harder than concrete in most areas.

And . . . get a good tire for your conditions.  Being a 16/19 set-up you have a good choice of tires to choose from.  Don't skimp, if possible.