Sign in to follow this  

rm 250 rear shock issues

been having serious issues with my rm 250 2008 fast eddy. bike has k-tec suspension all suspension is perfect serviced and all swingarm/linkage bearings perfect also.sag is set at 110mm with me and gear and 30mm "free sag"

My problem is that at high speeds the rear end doesn't absorb bumps instead it seems to hit off rocks and rear end jumps around. its hard to describe but its dangerous at moment  .im lost as to what adjustments i should make be it rebound or low/hi speed compression. its come to point where im not bothering to ride to much anymore and loosing confidence in the bike and myself.

any help appreciated. 

Kevin

Try setting the HS, LS, and R to the middle of their ranges & see.  Prolly have to spend some time & see what they do.  Leave the fork alone,  you'll see how the rear affects how the front feels as well.

You need to find out if it's too soft and bottoming , or too stiff and deflecting , so you have to try one way to see of it improves or gets worse

I dont think its bottoming out.it performs perfect untill I get to to high speed it handles jumps ok aswell without bottoming.i thouggt maybe it was either to much compression or not enough rebound but I dont know which one.

is the only way to find out to experiment?

kevin.

Or video it with a high speed camera

In my opinion, part of the problem would be the 110 sag. I found 102 was as far as it would go before loosing the soft portion of the linkage and wasting the rear shock.

What's your tyre pressure?

I would take out some high speed and a click or 2 out from rebound