Sign in to follow this  

Mounted up some Buells....

IMG_1422_zpscfc36791.jpg

Like how they turned out! Also really like how you have the blinkers located in front.....nice job!  :thumbsup:

So how are they mounted?

I'll post up some pics but I used some alu flat bar. Utilized the pinch bolts on the top triple. Fabbed another bracket and used the bottom center mounting point that the original shroud attached to. Windscreen (if you wanna call it that) is an old OEM shroud I cut down. Lights are running without a relay currently. Can't decide if I want do a HID kit or not. I do virtually no night time riding anyway.

Edited by JacquesSV
  • Like 1

IMG_1422_zpscfc36791.jpg

Looks Good . Did you get the lights off ebay ?

I've seen them being sold on there New for around $130. . Twice what they used to cost before they became a popular mod .

Edited by Masshole DRZ

Looks Good . Did you get the lights off ebay ?

I've seen them being sold on there New for around $130. . Twice what they used to cost before they became a popular mod .

I did. Got them for exactly that brand new from some Harley dealer. Thx.

I did. Got them for exactly that brand new from some Harley dealer. Thx.

From what I've read , when the HD dealers saw a greater than average demand for lights due to the interest in them for modification of other than Buell bikes they increase the prices . Previously the light set was available for around $65. A lesson on supply and Demand. .

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk mobile app

• Like 2

From what I've read , when the HD dealers saw a greater than average demand for lights due to the interest in them for modification of other than Buell bikes they increase the prices . Previously the light set was available for around $65. A lesson on supply and Demand. .

Yeah, definitely gone up in price. I'm happy with the setup though....

• Like 1

Where are the mount pics? Pics or you made the mounts out of styrofoam, cardboard, and Elmers Glue!

Sorry, I'll pull things apart for pics. But, yes, cardboard did the trick.....

• Like 1

Yeah, definitely gone up in price. I'm happy with the setup though....

That's what matters . I want to do that mod as well . But it's going to have to wait .

Sorry, I'll pull things apart for pics. But, yes, cardboard did the trick.....

I always use cardboard , for mock up . It's basically free . Easy to work with , and the corrugation makes it easy to lay out bends . Which reminds me . I've got to get back to a project I started mocking up .

• Like 3