Sign in to follow this  

Upgrade! Or not...

So most of you know my beloved 14'sm got stolen and trashed. Looks like there gonna total it.. So in the mean time I picked up a Honda Grom!! It's got a fuel injected air cooled engine pumpin out 8.96 hp :-)

Needed something since my truck gets 11mpg and costing me about a $100 a week to keep fuel in that beast.

Anyway plan is to pay off the 14'sm loan and and buy back my old bike, fix it back up.. Shouldn't cost more than $800 or so and the re sell it for $3000? Maybe more and then pay off the grom. Then get a FZ09 or FZ07

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407031257.110765.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407031290.461061.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407031322.404268.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407031341.652720.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407031365.607442.jpg

• Like 6

sick, i want to get one also..

6 speed

125cc

fuel injected

street legal

:thumbsup:

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 2

sick, i want to get one also..

6 speed

125cc

fuel injected

street legal

:thumbsup:

ya it's awesome! 4 speed tho.. Lol that's all it needs tho, gonna put a 16t front sprocket on it. Should do 65 or so right now I hit 55 comfortably
  • Like 1

ya it's awesome! 4 speed tho.. Lol that's all it needs tho, gonna put a 16t front sprocket on it. Should do 65 or so right now I hit 55 comfortably

wht there 4??

i thought it was 6...damn it

• Like 1

Where are the Grom wheelie vids at???? I mean one of Hondas release video they were killing some wheelies on that little beast! If i didnt have my Ruckus i would totally go for a Grom! Maybe ill get a used one after i pay off my college loans in a couple years!

• Like 1

Where are the Grom wheelie vids at???? I mean one of Hondas release video they were killing some wheelies on that little beast! If i didnt have my Ruckus i would totally go for a Grom! Maybe ill get a used one after i pay off my college loans in a couple years!

haha ya I don't know! It definitely will be a tricky one to learn to wheelie on at 8.96hp. Only got about 10 miles on it and its a blast! The lack of power is hilarious! If you've ever driven a Suzuki samurai it's kind of like that lol

haha ya I don't know! It definitely will be a tricky one to learn to wheelie on at 8.96hp. Only got about 10 miles on it and its a blast! The lack of power is hilarious! If you've ever driven a Suzuki samurai it's kind of like that lol

I own a Honda Ruckus so I understand the whole lack of power thing! 49 cc motor in a bike that weighs like 200 lbs! But give me a big enough hump and standing on the back grab bar and it will come up if you yank on the bars with all your might!

I own a Honda Ruckus so I understand the whole lack of power thing! 49 cc motor in a bike that weighs like 200 lbs! But give me a big enough hump and standing on the back grab bar and it will come up if you yank on the bars with all your might!

haha nice! Those are awesome! I had a 04 Zuma and it was a blast! Probly accelerated faster than the grom but slower top speed
  • Like 1

if you do alot of driving i would upgrade, and theres no question in my mind whats the most practical all around and thats a mid-sized cruiser .. but you got to love what youre riding, thats the main thing .. but theres a reason i have a ninja1000, a drz, and drive the cruiser 10 times more often ..

• Like 1

if you do alot of driving i would upgrade, and theres no question in my mind whats the most practical all around and thats a mid-sized cruiser .. but you got to love what youre riding, thats the main thing .. but theres a reason i have a ninja1000, a drz, and drive the cruiser 10 times more often ..

Because you like going slow, sticking to paved roads, and are just an overall boring person?

Lol Jk JK!!!!!!!!!!! Idk how you like a cruiser more than a Drz though. Only time a cruiser is better is interstate or long highway runs. My HD was boring compared to the Drz in every facet of riding!

• Like 1

Those grom's look like so much fun,   i recently saw me first 2 chained together at a parking spot,  looks nice for what it is,  but i think id get bored with the speed after about 10 minutes or so. 

• Like 3

Jealous of the grom!  So practical and impractical at the same time.  I need to test ride one.

Oh and I would look into fz9.  Just having sat on one, ergonomically it felt like an awesome bike.  Looking at dyno it produces more torque and hp than my Honda 919, plus a lot lighter. 

• Like 1

It's almost like its so slow its fun!? Haha it's strictly a commuter for now.

Ya I'm torn between the fz09 and fz07, such good reviews on both! The 09 has ridiculous power but the 07 still has good power too.. With 55mpg.. Hmm...

Back on the topic of your DRZ, just a friendly reminder that in most places, once a vehicle is written off it can no longer be licensed for the road. That will affect your resell value. Better to get a clean title frame and swap during the rebuild.

Back on the topic of your DRZ, just a friendly reminder that in most places, once a vehicle is written off it can no longer be licensed for the road. That will affect your resell value. Better to get a clean title frame and swap during the rebuild.

not in ca. you can drive around a salvaged title car or bike. he might have a little trouble selling it since nobody knows what happened to it but there will be someone that doesnt know/care about the title and buy it anyway. I'd just keep it and buy an fz09...