Sign in to follow this  

new to 08 wr250f, speedo reset possible?

Have just had an 08 model fully rebuilt, ground up, almost every nut and bolt, and was wondering if the speedo / odo was able to be reset to zero any way?

Have just had an 08 model fully rebuilt, ground up, almost every nut and bolt, and was wondering if the speedo / odo was able to be reset to zero any way?

I don't think you have an odometer. If you still have the Yamaha OEM computer. It's just a speedometer with an A/B tripmeter. To reset the tripmeters simply press and hold the RST button (leftmost round button) for 2 seconds.

Regards,

BillD

Edited by debargew

thanks, I get that, but it has another figure of 15347... I assumed that was the total km?

Yes it's a standard wrf250 speedo here in New Zealand.....

Nearly every OEM odometer cannot be reset. In many paces it is even illegal to do so. Your OEM Yamaha one cannot be changed. To get one with zero miles, you must buy a new unit.

In the states, WR's not being road legal, do not get an odometer, only clock, speed and trip meters

but if I ride in reverse I will ...

1- get a sore neck

2- the wrong edge of the knobblies will wear.

3- the air pressure will go up the exhaust and completely reverse the engine

4- I wont be able to corner as quick, because of the "front" wheel being smaller than the "back"

6- the last owner told me had the reverse gear taken out when he changed the colour of the power band from yellow to red.

thanks, I get that, but it has another figure of 15347... I assumed that was the total km?

Yes it's a standard wrf250 speedo here in New Zealand.....

Sorry.. I wrongly assumed you had a Yank bike...

BillD