Sign in to follow this  

250l of fuel , how much hours on it may be ?

hello everyone , iam about to buy 300 EXC 2001 , and this guy whos selling it says that he ran 250 litres of fuel from changing the piston , which was 2011 he says... what do you think , how much hours it could be ?  ive never owned a bike that had to have top end rebuilds. Thanks for every answer .)

hello everyone , iam about to buy 300 EXC 2001 , and this guy whos selling it says that he ran 250 litres of fuel from changing the piston , which was 2011 he says... what do you think , how much hours it could be ?  ive never owned a bike that had to have top end rebuilds. Thanks for every answer .)

I run a 2007 300 xc-w.  I can ride pretty aggressively for 2.5 hours on 10L of fuel.  So if I burned 250L of fuel I would be at around 62 hours on the bike....rough estimate.

But I stop lots to take in the scenery.  So that's based on total ride time and not actual run time........so run time may be much less.....

Edited by Fattonz

Pull the head and jug.   Have a look at the condition of piston and cylinder.  Measure bore and ring end gap.....

When you buy a used bike, and without honestly not knowing it's history, this will be the only way to have peace of mind.  Not sure about where you live, but can't take anyone at their word around these parts unless you know them and their maintenance habits...or get service records, receipts, etc...

• Like 1

A 300 should be good for 150 - 200 hours between pistons :thumbsup:

For some people.

You don't know if it sucked water or sand?

Only way to be sure with a used bike, is a teardown!

Edited by ridngslikecrack

My grandfather's advice was, when buying used you're buying somebody else's headaches!

If you expect a issue prior to buying. Its no longer a surprise!

My grandfather's advice was, when buying used you're buying somebody else's headaches!

If you expect a issue prior to buying. Its no longer a surprise!

Exactly :thumbsup:   Generally speaking, buying a used bike and expecting to just jump on and ride....is a fairy tale expectation.  Gotta do the work.  If for nothing else peace of mind....

• Like 2

A 300 should be good for 150 - 200 hours between pistons :thumbsup:

For some people.

You don't know if it sucked water or sand?

Only way to be sure with a used bike, is a teardown!

Well of course.  I'm saying when I do in fact know it's history and give it ideal maintence :thumbsup:

• Like 1