Sign in to follow this  

KAWASAKI 85 JETTING TROUBLES!

Hi everyone, i have a 2005 KX85 that i bought a few months ago that bogs at low end revs. For example if im riding slowly in gear 1 and crack open the throttle it will bog down until it dies. I have been told that i need to change the jets but i have no clue how to and what sizes i need! The main jet is size 138 and the pilot jet is size 52. Any help is really appreciated! Also the air screw is turned out 2.5 turns.

Milan

Depending on the condition of the motor, compression around 140 to 150 psi. You should be around that jetting although you didn't mention where the clip in the needle was. They are known to be rich there, start at 2nd from top.

Stock jetting for that bike is 140/45. 138 sounds about right for a main but 52 pilot is probably too high, which would describe why your airscrew is turned out so far....it does sound like a blocked main, I would check float level, fuel filter, fuel lines and clean jet passages.

Edited by Gotanubike

Thanks for your reply, JBFL how do I re position the clip?Also, Gotanubike, im going to buy a 48 pilot jet and ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help guys!