Sign in to follow this  

hi-comp piston need remap?

So I have a 2013 crf450r, with Eddies remap. And want to change my piston for a 13.5:1. Do I need to remap? Or it is fine? Started riding Supermoto, and it is time to change the piston.

It might help a little to send it back and have him retune your ecu but you def don't have to. I'd install the piston kit and ride. Maybe later on when you know you won't be able to ride for a few weeks send it in if it's still bothering you.

Sure it will be good idea, but not sure if it is worth it. Would be happy if some experts in here would give me some advice. Will the higher comp piston give me a bit more hp? Or is it useless. I have read, that on some bikes, hi comp piston make less power. 

In a regular motor(vs extreme race motor) running premium fuel you'll def feel more power all around and a big difference in low end torque with a 13.5.

Since You said you already had it remapped honestly you probably wouldn't be able to tell any difference if you send it back and had it redone.

Edited by Diggla117

Or maybe should go 14.1? If there is one.

You'll have to run race gas with a 14.1 if you wanna go that route. And then yes you'll need a remap Edited by Diggla117
  • Like 1