Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a sound system for my Yamaha vstar 1100 classic.

I'm looking for something compact, don't need crazy loud woofers in the saddle bags or anything like that. I don't have crash bars to use as mounts, so the speakers would probably have to go on my bars, but space is tight.

I'd love to have ad2p Bluetooth so I can my phone as the music player without having to plug it in, but if the best option only has 3.5 mm input and no Bluetooth I could live with that.

Anyone have any good recommendations?

• Like 1

I just bought the Hogtunes MSA1 for the Memphis Shades Batwing fairing..I had 2 4.5in speakers and a usb plug..its a compact little speaker box with the amp attached to it..it bolts on to the center bolt of your windshield with rubber thingy that clips under the shield to clamp it in..If you dont have the fairing Id get one..I put it on my 08 hd lowrider..they make a big zipper pouch that bolts on to the outer sheild bolts anf goes over the radio..l love the whole combo..I'd post a pic but i dont know how with this damn phone..anyway the radio is pretty Im ptetty loud .im sure you can mount it on a normal sheild ad long as the cross brace..you know the one most put a little pouch on?

Edited by The Italian Stallion

Yup, I have a pouch mounted in that brace you are taking about. I haven't seen a system to mount on that before so I'll check it out.

yeah you would have to drill a hole through the shield and brace right in the center..There is a video on youtube with a guy and a chick installing one on a batwing but you"ll see what I mean about it being easily rigged to that brace..you can get speakers that mount on your bars..but i like it behind the shield and out of the wind you can hear it way better at speed
  • Like 1