Sign in to follow this  

Anyone try the KTM Powersports Low Seat?

I'm 5'9" on my best day and while I'm on the pegs I have no issue w/ the seat height of my 14' 200xc-w I do have some issues when there's an incline on the side I want to put a foot down. I've always dealt with this issue with all my off road bikes. I'm not interested in lowering the suspension and I've considered removing foam from the seat but usually just deal with it. Not a big deal but I'm considering trying this seat from KTM Powersports to give me a bit more reach.

http://shop.ktm.com/us_en/powerparts/seats/offroad/low-seat-13.html?model=200+XC‑W+USA&type=Enduro&year=2014

77307040200.jpg

Found it for under a $100 shipped from these guys.

http://www.surdykeyamaha.com/pages/ECommerce/ViewCart

Anyone order from them before? Cheers or jeers?

I love the KTM low seats. I think they are not only lower but more comfortable than the stock seats. I am 5'6" so I have been buying the low seats for every KTM I have bought since 2001.

$100 is a great price. Jump on it!

Edited by Larry63r

I put the low seat on my 2010 Husaberg FE450 and loved it!  I think you'll be happy.  I'm thinking about going with the low seat or that Acerbis x-seat.  I just don't like lots of foam and prefer to have more clearance when standing.

• Like 1

I just installed one on my 14 200 xc-w a few weeks ago. I'm 5'10" and it made a huge difference, I am very happy with it. It's not as soft as the stock 14 seat. But I can live with that small trade off for a lower seat height. The KTM hard parts low seat is softer than the Acerbis x-seat.

• Like 1

I was considering this for my 08 excr, I'm 6' but 32" inseam. Glad to hear the KTM seat is good.

Im 5'9" too, and i went from an acerbis x-seat to the powerparts low seat and love it! More comfortable and much shorter

Interesting: For you riders using this . Do you find it keeps you further back off the tank. I tend work myself to far forward and have wondered if a lower seat would settle me back further.

I don't think it keeps me any farther back on the seat but when I am sitting down it feels more like I am sitting in the bike rather than sitting on top of it like I feel with the stock seat. It seems to make the bike feel less likely to stand up in the middle of a berm. I have noticed that when I gas it hard out of a turn the seat tends to pull my pants down if I am getting lazy and not gripping the bike hard enough with my knees.

Edited by Larry63r

First step I took in terms of lowering my fiancees KTM 250EXC-F was getting the lowering seat.

Shaved a good inch off the bike and I reckon its more comfortable than the stock seat.

Went on a 5hr ride and she didnt complain one bit, and shes learning so spent most of the time on the seat. :thumbsup:

That was the easiest mod ever. And I have I feeling it will be one of my favorites as well. I'll let you know.

Did you sell your factory seat or keep it? If you sold it, how much? Mines like new. 

Yeah one bolt and youre done :thumbsup:

Tried to sell the unused standard seat and the WP suspension springs I took out to the lower the bike.

Put it on an auction site (Trade Me) for half the new price but got not takers, so not going to give it away.

But this is New Zealand and people want everything for nothing ;)

Yeah one bolt and youre done :thumbsup:

Tried to sell the unused standard seat and the WP suspension springs I took out to the lower the bike.

Put it on an auction site (Trade Me) for half the new price but got not takers, so not going to give it away.

But this is New Zealand and people want everything for nothing ;)

people everywhere want everything for nothing:-)

me too..

I love my low seat on my 12 300. At a whopping 5'8" tall it has been one of the best changes I've made to my bike.

I've got them on my 13 and 10 XCF-W-W's. Love them!

Bob K.