Sign in to follow this  

PROBLEM WITH MY SUPERMOTO, HELP!

i own an 04 Aprilia mx 125 2 stroke supermoto, the bike has been great, however, 2 days ago the bike just died whilst i was riding, and then the kickstart was jammed at its highest point. so i thought that i had seized my piston, so today i took the top end apart, their are a few marks of wear on the piston but nothing really major, and the barrel is clean with no scratches at all, so i took the piston off, and looked at the connecting rod, it has no play at all, but it keeps getting jammed when spinning, which is why my engine had died out 2 days ago. i believe the cause of this would defo be the bearing connected to the connecting rod, so i poured some 2 stroke oil down their to help lube it up to prevent it from getting jammed, and i put the top end back together, and the ike was firing up, but then the kickstart was getting stuck again because of the rod. so ive decided to order a whole new connecting rod that comes with the bearing. i know how to rebuild a top end, but i have no clue how to replace th bearing, is it a hard job? or how much will a shop charge if i was to strip down the top end and just leave them to replace the bearing?

thanks

reply soon

Check Youtube, I am pretty sure I have seen videos on how to do this.  I would normally find the video and give you the link but I'm on my work computer and youtube is blocked.