Sign in to follow this  

Oregon Diamond Mill OHV Ride 8/4/14

Headed to Diamond Mill tomorrow, Monday August 4th. if anybody would like to join!  I've been there once before so not super familiar with the place. I have a GPS so not too worried about getting lost. 

I'm a pretty experienced single track rider & like finding & exploring new trails! Last time I went the trails were overgrown & very tight, My kinda riding! 

If anyone is down to ride def let me know! I would much rather go ride with other people then by myself!!!! 

I plan on getting there around 9-10am tomorrow morning! Also bringing my swim trunks too as last time it looked there was a good swimming area! 

Too bad I had to work. I spend a lot of time riding out there and I haven't found anything that beats the steep and deep if DM. Shoot me a pm next time you go out. I work during the week, but we usually get out a few Saturdays a month along with a night ride or two.

Ill let you know next time I head out that way on a weekend.

It was a fun ride! Haven't been there in a while but it looks like they built some new trails, wide enough for quads so you can get going pretty fast! Good thing about the weekdays is nobody is out there riding so no worries running into someone.

I did find one super tight single track that was pretty treacherous! Wish i hadnt of taken it but it was all steep downhill so no place to turn around! Luckily it only went for maybe a mile or two. I noticed some trails go for a little ways then just stop or get to steep to get a run at them. Hard trying to turn around!

One thing i liked the most was swimming on the river! I actually jumped in with all my gear it was so hot! Found a great spot just a little ways up the dirt road.

Hopefully in the next week or two ill be headed back out there!   

Hit me up next time via P/M. I'm somewhat familiar with DM, one of my favorite places and close to my home in SW Portland. I'm an experienced singletrack rider looking for some cohorts. I have Sunday and Monday off.

• Like 1

Nice! I might be headed back out Next week Monday 18th.

I'll let you know a little later this week for sure if I'm going!

Nice! I might be headed back out Next week Monday 18th.

I'll let you know a little later this week for sure if I'm going!

Great! I'm probably riding Sunday as well. Just bought an old Gasgas EC300 yesterday, excited to try it out.

Ill let you know next time I head out that way on a weekend.

It was a fun ride! Haven't been there in a while but it looks like they built some new trails, wide enough for quads so you can get going pretty fast! Good thing about the weekdays is nobody is out there riding so no worries running into someone.

I did find one super tight single track that was pretty treacherous! Wish i hadnt of taken it but it was all steep downhill so no place to turn around! Luckily it only went for maybe a mile or two. I noticed some trails go for a little ways then just stop or get to steep to get a run at them. Hard trying to turn around!

One thing i liked the most was swimming on the river! I actually jumped in with all my gear it was so hot! Found a great spot just a little ways up the dirt road.

Hopefully in the next week or two ill be headed back out there!   

Shoot me a pm next time your going, I'm not a really experienced rider but have been up in the DM parts quite a few times.....maybe you an teach me a thing or two haha. I am thinking i know that exact single track downhill your speaking of, ive been on a couple up there and it was engine off and feet down for me for a ways. I get off work early on mondays around 9am and down to ride on the weeks I dont have my boys, and the swimming hole down at the DM staging area under the bridge is unbeatable, clearest water youll find for days.

• Like 1

Headed out tomorrow Friday the 5th if anyone wants to join me!

Friday days are tough for my group. Ever consider night riding?

Friday days are tough for my group. Ever consider night riding?

That would be interesting! Sounds fun, but I ride a motocross bike Kx250 with no headlight so it wouldn't be too safe.

That would be interesting! Sounds fun, but I ride a motocross bike Kx250 with no headlight so it wouldn't be too safe.

I hear ya. I'm on a yz250, but I picked up 2 led lights from cyclopsadventuresports.com and am good to go.