Sign in to follow this  

Bent forks on a TT-R230?

Today I was riding around some trails and hit a major rut, I made it out fine but the front wheel got bent to the right about 20ish degrees.. Yeah its a lot! So I took the front two plastics off and the wheel/forks are bent. Bent as in turned to the right not actually bent metal. But I was wondering if I loosen all the fork clamps and turn the wheel back to the straight position then tighten the forks down, will this solve my problem? I'm dreading I might need new forks... If that's the case I might just sell the bike...

Today I was riding around some trails and hit a major rut, I made it out fine but the front wheel got bent to the right about 20ish degrees.. Yeah its a lot! So I took the front two plastics off and the wheel/forks are bent. Bent as in turned to the right not actually bent metal. But I was wondering if I loosen all the fork clamps and turn the wheel back to the straight position then tighten the forks down, will this solve my problem? I'm dreading I might need new forks... If that's the case I might just sell the bike...

Yeah....going by your description I'd definitely try to loosen everything up and see if I couldn't true the front end up. If you need parts, and you like the bike, then fix it, couldn't be that expensive to get a new fork tube. As long as you don't have a suspension or bike shop do it. Sometimes you can score on Ebay.

• Like 1

Yeah....going by your description I'd definitely try to loosen everything up and see if I couldn't true the front end up. If you need parts, and you like the bike, then fix it, couldn't be that expensive to get a new fork tube. As long as you don't have a suspension or bike shop do it. Sometimes you can score on Ebay.

hey it worked! Like a bicycle i just squeezed the tire back in place! So its all better!

I've had a couple of TTRs show symptoms of something bent in the front -forks, triples, etc - and it turned out ot be the axle bolt was bent.

If you run into this and loosening the triples doesn't straighten the front end out, loosen the axle bolt and rotate while watching the front wheel, before you condemn the forks/triples. If this moves or straightens the front wheel the axle is probably bent.

• Like 1