Sign in to follow this  

1991 WZ250 front rotor - what other models/years fit?

Hey everyone!   

I've been trying for several months now to source some good rotors. I have a pair of 1989 YZ250WR hubs laced with supermoto rims, and they're exactly the same as my 91 WR250 OEM hubs. The problem I'm having is trying to find rotors that will fit these hubs. They have an odd 'y' pattern to mount the rotor to the hub. I don't mind if the rotor is larger in diameter than stock, as I can always relocate the caliper and a larger rotor won't necessarily hurt on the street. I tried searching here but couldn't find anything.  

Anyone know what other makes/models will fit these hubs? Hole offset looks about 35mm. I know there are EBC ones, but they look like crap and I'm not confident at all that they'd perform on the street. Plus they're way overpriced at around $120 for a rotor. I'm just looking for other options. Part of me is hopefull that I can get a larger brake rotor - like a 270mm or something. 

You can see it below:

X2I6AKi.jpg

You can see this rotor I ordered doesn't fit:  

ZtN2MQl.jpg

Edited by Mirrory

I'm not sure about the WRs, but Yamaha ran the same 4GV- front hub from 1992 through 1995 on the YZ’s, so any front disc from those years should be interchangable.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/817989-yz250-wheels/?hl=%2Bfront+%2Bwheel#entry8669980

Your best bet is to check part numbers. Sometimes you'll find that even though the hub changed, the disc bolt pattern stayed the same

Good luck!

http://www.ncy-motorsports.com/fiche_select.asp

According to the parts fiche, the 89wr will only fit yz 89's, and 92-93 wr500's. I have a 91 yz, and the only thing that rotor will fit is a 1990, and virtually no one makes it