Sign in to follow this  

Remote Adjustment Air/Gas Mix Valve For KLX140?

I'd like to add a remote valve to the occassional high-altitude ride on my 2009 KLX140L. 

The valve is in a very hard to reach location and has a proprietary tool. There's no way to do a trailside adjustment on it. 

Anyone have any modification ideas?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/18720/i/r-d-racing-flex-jet-remote-fuel-screw

Is this what you're referring to? It looks great.  Only problem is it looks like they only make it for the 250.  Whaaaa.

I wonder if this will work?  The site doesn't list my bike but my bike does have a Keihlin carb.

http://www.btosports.com/p/SUNFMS

Edited by holybike

All Kehien FCR carbs use the same type of fuel screw. Only when there is a clearence issue, do you have to be careful.  Non-E button bikes never have a clearence problem.

Alloy fuel screws should be avoided. Only consider ones with a brass/stainless or Ti tip.

All Kehien FCR carbs use the same type of fuel screw. Only when there is a clearence issue, do you have to be careful.  Non-E button bikes never have a clearence problem.

Alloy fuel screws should be avoided. Only consider ones with a brass/stainless or Ti tip.

Excellent info.  The 140 is E start so yes clearance is an issue and I'm guessing why they don't list this bike. 

All the screws listed are alloy tip too. Alloy not good due to easy stripping out? That won't be good then. I guess I'll keep looking.

It should be pretty easy to get at being on the side of the carb angled out.   The solution may be in finding or making the right tool vs. changing the part?  doubt the fcr part will work, but may be wrong

Excellent info.  The 140 is E start so yes clearance is an issue and I'm guessing why they don't list this bike. 

All the screws listed are alloy tip too. Alloy not good due to easy stripping out? That won't be good then. I guess I'll keep looking.

For bikes with little clearance, the Kientech screw is the solution. It is stainless steel.Make sure you get the correct model as they make them for several different brands. Just be sure it is listed for the FCR.

For bikes with little clearance, the Kientech screw is the solution. It is stainless steel.Make sure you get the correct model as they make them for several different brands. Just be sure it is listed for the FCR.

http://www.kientech.com/ExtendedFuelScrews.htm

Looks like one of these? The one at the top is much shorter, but the one in the middle says it's for FCR carbs. I'll call them to confirm.

Thanks for the 411!!

It is the middle one. They only make one for the FCR.

Be sure to get a couple of extra fuel screw orings. You can put one extra one on the screw midshaft (notice the groove) and it provides some additional friction to prevent the screw from vibrating out of adjustmnet or worse, falling out all together.

I emailed Keintech. They said it won't fit the 140 and that they don't make one to fit. 

A couple of mechanics seem to think I'll be lower power but shouldn't stall out at 8-9k ft elevation. I guess I'll have to see