Sign in to follow this  

2014 KTM 250sx supplied jetts/goods

Hey guys. Currently I'm stationed at an undisclosed location in the Middle East. Right now I've got my 05 RM 250 in storage along with all my household goods, where they will soon be getting picked up and crated/shipped to Spangdahlem AB, Germany. A few months ago I made the plunge and sent my best bud a blank check (he's very trusting) and had him pick me up a brand new 2014 250sx, and throw her in storage with my other girl. So here's my dilemma...

I've been doing a lot of research on jetting (the always hot topic). I haven't checked the elevation in Germany yet, but I'm assuming based off the yearly cooler climate, I will probably be seeing some richer jetting settings for both my girls. Unfortunately, I don't have my KTM (and supplied jetts) in front of me. MXA says the richer N1EI and N1EH needles fixed the previous issues with jetting, but I'm reading a lot of guys are still opting for the RM's NCEJ needle, even with the 2014 model. I might say "the heck with it" and grab the NCEJ anyways. What's your advice?

Also, I plan on messing with the main and pilot too, but I don't know what came extra with the bike. (My buddy just told me all the tools that came with it, but didn't specify the different jetts). So if there is anyone with a '14 250sx, please do tell what all came with the bike.

Here's a picture. I'm sensing some jeleousy in the storage unit. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407106803.884765.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407106888.392715.jpg

The Mrs. When she was set up for the dez

Also, I decided I'd pick up some goods for it.

Acerbis Flo Orange plastics kit

Pro Circuit works pipe/304 silencer

Pro Ciruit Lowering Link

Not pictured is...

ARC front brake/clutch levers

Pro Taper alum throttle tube

Boyesen clutch/flywheel covers

Devol Skid plate

Renthal dual compound grips

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407108194.197904.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1407108216.775644.jpg

im not aware of anyone having good luck with n1ei. it may work for you though. try it and see. didnt work for shit in mine. n1eh worked pretty good. wether it will work in gearmany i have no idea. only one way to find out.

theres a ton of different suzuki needles. some wont work for shit i cant tell you right now. before you buy a truck load of them i recomend try the ktm supplied needles first and go from there

2014 250sx jetting chart.

14KTM250sxJettingChart_zps992f88ed.jpg

The N1EI needle works great if you are riding at or over 5000' and it is hotter than 90°. If not then it is the wrong needle and won't work very well. I use mine every summer when I am riding in Nevada and it is +100°. When you change the jetting you have to change ALL the jets if you want to get the most out of your bike, and yes the needle is a jet as well. There is no magic jetting that works at all temperatures and all elevations. You have to re-jet your bike when the temperature changes or you are going to ride at a different elevation.

An H needle is an H needle. An I needle is an I needle. A J needle is a J needle. The letters and the numbers that are in front of the last letter tell you about the taper of the needle. An N1EJ needle is for the same elevation and temperature range as a NCEJ. They have different tapers but a J needle is still a J needle. The 14 250sx should come with N1EG and N1EI needles, a 40 pilot jet and 155, 158 main jets as extras. You should also have a green and a red power valve springs. They should be in a small plastic bag in the pocket of the bag the owners manuals come in.

Good luck with the new bike. Take care of it, read the owners manual and follow the factory recommendations for fuel and premix ratio and your bike will last a long, long time.

P.S. The stock jetting is in bold print on the jetting chart. Note that it is jetted for about 2000' at about 70° temperature. If that is not the conditions that you are riding in you need to change the jetting.

Edited by Larry63r
  • Like 1

I run the RM08 needle NEDW, PJ40, MJ160 and AS 2 turns out. 200asl and 30deg C. Red spring. Bike runs well