Sign in to follow this  

SQL Database for 2012 XR650L parts...

I've put together a database comprising all OEM parts associated with a 2012 XR650L, should be the same for other year models as well.  The table is in SQL format and I had it running in PostgreSQL (under Debian Linux).  I could not attach the file, even as .txt so if anyone here is interested, I'd be more than happy to e-mail it to them...

Garry

• Like 1

Shoot me an message to condershire at the gmail URL and I'll send you the file... If you are using pgsql 3, all you have to is select 'restore' and it will load right up...

I put quite a bit of work into it and if you are familiar with SQL, you can perform some fairly sophisticated queries, it is a great tool!

Garry

I put quite a bit of work into it and if you are familiar with SQL, you can perform some fairly sophisticated queries, it is a great tool!

Garry

I am not familiar with SQL but I am willing to start learning.

I am not familiar with SQL but I am willing to start learning.

SQL (Structured Query Language) allows you to work with many open source and commercial (Oracle) databases.  The language is relatively easy to learn and allows you to make queries on parts, subsystems, etc.

For example, here is a command to list all parts for the subsystem "Air Cleaner":

select * from 2012_XR650L_OEM_parts where subsystem='Air Cleaner';

I was fairly ambitious in putting it together, the hardest part was building the table, you'll see entries for "deprecated", "obsolete", "alternate", etc.

For the casual owner, probably not very useful, but you never know, thus the post...

In order to use the table, you need to be running a database server, such as Firebird or PostgreSQL...

Garry