Sign in to follow this  

New here first post, greetings!

Greeetings, Im new to the forum here, im from PA and have just picked up a non running Honda XL600R.  Previously I have owned many bikes, Im a big fan of exotic bikes such as Ducati Apriia Triumph, even had a VRod (my favorite still), I have owned many if each in the last 15 years. But I always wanted a 1985 Honda XL thanks to the old Charlie Sheen movie "The Wraith" back in the eighties.

Its quite a story bringing it home, I went to DC to get it rather inexpensively, as it did not run and it doesnt look to hot, but it is complete, and the tank WAS perfect.  On the way back, I have these long tie downs, one of the ends came free, went under the trailer wheel, and it literally yanked the bike into the side of the trailer.  It scared the crap out of me, it felt like a boulder fell into the trailer off an overpass when it happened.  I can only imagine what the drivers behind me thought.  It could of been worse though, it could of left the trailer.  And at least it happened with this $700 bike, and not a $7000 bike. All it did was dent the used to be perfect tank.

Got it running today, but its smoking from the exhaust, im gonna post in the repair forum and get some advice on that.  Its already a blast, I have a few acres to run it around on.

Anyways, greetings everyone.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum amanda11270!

geesh!, wished the transport of the new bike would have gone better!

Great bunch here at TT, and great help in Bike Specific

:cheers:

• Like 1

Welcome!  And I always tie a rope through the front wheel to prevent the "leaving from trailer" phenomenon.  Funny story, once had a bike on the trailer headed to the track and looked up to find no bike there!  Thankfully it stayed on the trailer, but it was a lesson learned.  Anyway, I don't know about the tank, but the guys above do, so good news, and welcome to TT  :cheers: Ride safe!

• Like 1

many yrs ago, fellow racer and I were going to race together trailering our bikes behind his van full of construction tools. Of course had tunes up loud, pulled into pits, went back of van my bike still there, his gone. Back tracked 6 miles down main road, found bike in ditch, no damage, looked like it came off trailer straight, rolled straight to ditch at 60 and fell on side.  LOL

• Like 3

Welcome amanda11270.

I too would like to see a photo of the bike.

I didn't mean of the bike LOL!

• Like 1