Help needed lighting issue 1995 360

Hi Everyone
I am new to Husky's and new to this forum. I just purchased a street legal 1995 wr? or is that wxe/wxc? The bike is in wonderful shape with a recent rebuild top to bottom. Clean plastics and many upgrades. The bike starts and runs well. The problem I am having is the lights do not work. I bench tested the lights and they function. I have checked all connections and cleaned all grounds. Continuity seems correct. I tested also by passing the switch and it still failed. When I test the single wire coming out of the voltage rectifier the voltage reading is jumping from 0 to 18 volts. I have not worked on a bike with lights but no battery and not sure how it works, do you think the rectifier is bad or maybe the stator or magneto any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks, Jeff

Hi Everyone

I am new to Husky's and new to this forum. I just purchased a street legal 1995 wr? or is that wxe/wxc? The bike is in wonderful shape with a recent rebuild top to bottom. Clean plastics and many upgrades. The bike starts and runs well. The problem I am having is the lights do not work. I bench tested the lights and they function. I have checked all connections and cleaned all grounds. Continuity seems correct. I tested also by passing the switch and it still failed. When I test the single wire coming out of the voltage rectifier the voltage reading is jumping from 0 to 18 volts. I have not worked on a bike with lights but no battery and not sure how it works, do you think the rectifier is bad or maybe the stator or magneto any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Jeff

sounds like a reg/ rec issue,

worth cleaning its grounds 1st.. or resiting..,

if the bikes been rebuilt it may have too much paint on the area it bolts to.. ; - )

charlie