Sign in to follow this  

MotoLab is the man!

Seems as though I've been "stalking" BDubb and all the rest of the posters here in the RMZ forum for the past month or so.  Thus, I finally decided to create an account.

I always follow the topics being posted and was put on to Tom at Motolab after reading one of Bdubb's posts.  All I have to say is money well spent.  I own a 2012 RMZ450 and next to my suspension, that was the best money spent on my bike.  Remapping the ECM cleaned up the bike from top to bottom.  The top end really came alive allowing me to hold gears much longer without having to short shift.  If anyone has performance mods on their bike and have yet to get the ECM remapped, set aside $50 and send it to Tom.  That guy is first class. 

Anyway, hello all and excited to be part of the community. 

• Like 3

Alright i have the same bike as you. however, i am interested in putting money into suspension, but what should i do in specifics.

Spot on KC... Tom is one of the best guys I have ever dealt with! He also does suspension work. Prices are impossible to beat, and his work is on another level! 

Skiing: you need a revalve and springs... what is your weight, terrain and ability level?

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

Alright i have the same bike as you. however, i am interested in putting money into suspension, but what should i do in specifics.

I had Tom do my suspension over the winter money well spent. It's way better than stock. Tom's moto867 on here!

Standard revalve and springs will cost you around $600-800 depending on the sticker they throw on the outside. Throw in some custom pistons or other "trick" parts you can get upwards of $1000 in a hurry! 

However, as New 4S said... it is the best money you could possibly spend on any bike! Doesn't matter who you choose to go with as long as they know what they are doing. Call around and see who will give you the best deal as well as support after you have the work done! 

Edited by BDubb106

how much did it cost and what did you get?

I don't remember the exact price, but it was very reasonable! I had him put in SKF seals in the forks that I really didn't need, so it just depends on what all that you want done. Talk to Tom he's a very nice guy helps guys out all the time on here. He even offered to walk me through re-valving my own stuff which sold me on letting him do my stuff. He can get all the good parts that you might want and he's very knowledgeable on the RMZ.

• Like 1

I don't remember the exact price, but it was very reasonable! I had him put in SKF seals in the forks that I really didn't need, so it just depends on what all that you want done. Talk to Tom he's a very nice guy helps guys out all the time on here. He even offered to walk me through re-valving my own stuff which sold me on letting him do my stuff. He can get all the good parts that you might want and he's very knowledgeable on the RMZ.

I picked up a spare set of suspension that I planned on using as a bargaining tool for a newer set of 13-14 forks but I have been contemplating sending it to him just to compare and see what he could do with it against my current set up which has quite a bit of money into it with the custom pistons etc. 

If I like his forks enough, I have a few guys that said they would buy my forks for their 13-14 bikes right now. 

I want a set of 12 forks for my 13..

Moto lab contact info? I need a remap

Edited by TommyB 754

I want a set of 12 forks for my 13..

Moto lab contact info? I need a remap

Ill trade you a brand new set of stock take off forks for your 13 forks!  :devil:

PM me... ill give you his contact info! 

post the link up here. Us big guys don't venture into the small bike forums too often

ok, just for you Bdubb. I'll post here and 250 forum. I'm a 250 guy but my brother has the 450. I do ride his bike at Times. I like to check out the 450 forums to stay in touch with all ya'll
  • Like 2