Sign in to follow this  

NEED HELP.....bike revving to high

I have a 2007 125 YZ, I just spent 1000$ getting the forks fixed, fork head bearings and fork seals. Bought it second hand.

Went to start it and it was revving very high, choke was reaaly hard to push down. I roll started it and when in gear, sucks air and doesn't want to run properly, but when I pull the clutch in, it sounds better.

Air leak?

Carburator?

Spark plugs?

Is there anything I can try first before having to take it to shop and pay more money??

I changed the throttle tube recently, but everything worked out, good cable tension, snaps back into place.....

Thanks for any advice

Broke and want to ride bike!

$1,000 dollars? Did that all come to be because the fork seals were leaking or was steering stiff?

I've saved seals before with the $4 Motion Pro Seal Saver tool, YouTube it, best simple fix ever!

There are so many reasons why your bike could be revving like that, crankseal, intake leak, carb, but I'd focus on carb if choke isn't smooth. Carbs aren't hard, but find an experienced friend to help. Air leak, if it had one, can be found by spraying intake cleaner around (post carb) boots, seals while running, rpms will change, but there's clearly a carb issue.

Can I ask how much you paid for that YZ?

The best advice I can give is to get an owners manual and read as much as you can about 2 stroke carb jetting. Dirt bikes are super easy to work on. Just take your time and read the info that is out there. 

Ya, I have noticed it could be a number of things.

Even after I push the choke choke down it still revs high. Should I let it rev for a couple seconds to see if it will change? I have been just hitting the off switch right away. I rolled it down a hill and put it into gear, when I tried to give it throttle it just wanted to bog out....

SO I guess I will have to figure out if there is a air leak first?

Then clean the carb?

Problem is  Iam new in town and don't have many freinds to help me. I just ordered the manual......

Wish me luck.

When you get the manual, take the carb off and clean it first. Check jetting (set to stock). If its really lean it tends to be snappier at low rpms in my experience. so if its bogging it could be clogged/dirty carb. The choke should snap on and off, not be hard. That comes out too, so disassemble everything you can and clean it. Start there. Good luck

• Like 1