Exhaust difference

when I type the SXS12450550 into an australian part site it says its been superseded by 78105909000, in australia all three part numbers are going for 1599. Id be guessing because its been superseded maybe they have it cheaper to get rid of the old stock? just a guess, otherwise to be honest I have no idea.

Edited by Romie

I'll bite. Why do you want to change your header?

Ti is lighter than SS and will compliment my Akra muffler

when I type the SXS12450550 into an australian part site it says its been superseded by 78105909000, in australia all three part numbers are going for 1599. Id be guessing because its been superseded maybe they have it cheaper to get rid of the old stock? just a guess, otherwise to be honest I have no idea.

hmmm

Why? You have a state of the art system now. Too each his own, but I'd put the $ towards tires and oil unless you've crunched the header.

The 450 header is $300 cheaper then the 500 header...And i already have some of the best tires and accessories on the bike...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/69163769@N07/14663381919/in/photostream/

I have Motomaster 320 Racing Rotor, SXS Front Caliper, Motomaster rear rotor, DNA Airfilter, Marchesini wheels, Michelin Pilot Road 4 tires. and Akra Muffler Bullet proof Rad Guards

I will be installin CNC triple clamps, FMF Snap insert, Samco hoses with KTM camo pattern.

I experimented with the SXF header pipe but it was touching my thermostat hose so that idea was not gonna work...

One thing to consider about Ti; it's softer than stainless, especially when hot, so it's going to dent a lot easier if you smack it on something.  If durability on the trail is important then SS would bet the better choice, but if light weight is your primary goal then enjoy the Ti!  ? 

Bike looks great, your pockets are deeper than mine. $500 would buy me 6 track nights or a nice set of track tires. One thing to pass on from 2 yrs of experience with the 500 and SNAP is your just off idle and mid-range will be a little smoother with the SNAP so that will benefit you since your set up for road work. However, where the bike makes its power and up to the limiter the SNAP chokes the bike on top end.

Edited by oldfuddy

Do you guys think getting a header on the Ktm 450- 500 is a waste of money, meaning no extra power to be had from it?

Nobody to my knowledge is really making more power with these bikes with bolt ons. Nothing huge anyway. They are just making them smoother or less "poppy" or louder. Doubt changing the header could get measured on a dyno, let alone seat of the pants.

Ti is about 2lb lighter than SS. 

That's almost a KG which makes a difference on bikes

I found the Header makes a good difference mid to up high. Nuttin really down low...

If i have the DNA filter i am already allowing more air than the sponge filters allow, so i am not worried about "chocking" unless i get a Factory edition airboot then i am set

Ti is about 2lb lighter than SS.

That's almost a KG which makes a difference on bikes

I lose more than that every ride just in water weight.

We put stabilizers, radiator, pipe, hand and rotor guards, possibly heavy duty tubes or the Tubliss system and people want to spend a large sum to save 2 lbs. Seems a bit off to me. :excuseme:

PS: Replace the battery with one of the new high tech batteries, save more weight at a fraction of the cost.