What fcr would work on a drz ?

Hi guys sorry if this has been covered a million times but I have looked and can't find anything.

I am wanting a fcr for the drz but I don't want to buy brand new. I have found a few on ebay (kx250,cr450,wr450 ect..) and was wondering as long as it's a 39mm fcr with a tps it would work ? After referring ect ?

If anyone could shed some light on the situation that would be great.

Thanks !

Fowler , look for one with a removable bellmouth , the TPS does not matter . It can be disconnected without any noticeable difference . Secondhand usually means that it was replaced due to being worn out , so beware ! Most will just be a doorstop ! If you can inspect it first , then check for cleanliness , the slide and slide plate are in good nick , it hasnt sat and clogged up and all its bits are there , greg 

• Like 2

Fowler , look for one with a removable bellmouth , the TPS does not matter . It can be disconnected without any noticeable difference . Secondhand usually means that it was replaced due to being worn out , so beware ! Most will just be a doorstop ! If you can inspect it first , then check for cleanliness , the slide and slide plate are in good nick , it hasnt sat and clogged up and all its bits are there , greg

Thanks for the heads up! Good info. I have my eye on one off a wr450 brand near enough brand new. Top covers missing but I'm sure I can find one. It's going cheap? What do you think ? Sorry to be pain.

What do the other guys mean by buyer be aware ?

Cheers.

Thanks for the heads up! Good info. I have my eye on one off a wr450 brand near enough brand new. Top covers missing but I'm sure I can find one. It's going cheap? What do you think ? Sorry to be pain.

Cheers.

Top cover is about $30 new http://www.jetsrus.com/individual_parts/021_710_su.html

IIRC correctly the WR450 FCR does not have a removable intake adapter, so it is not suitable for the DRZ.

By 'buyer beware' they mean that buying a used FCR can be hit or miss. It could work out as it has for some, or it could be a couple hundred dollar paper weight.

• Like 1

Cheers.

Buyer beware meaning it could be worn out.  Once the slide channel wears large you cannot fix it and you'll be chasing idle issues that you won't be able to fix.

I can tell you my secondhand FCR story.  Summary is: if I had to do it again I'd buy a new kit.

Long story: I bought a slant-FCR from an E model for a 'good price'.  Seller said it ran fine on his bike but was going back to the CV for some reason I can't remember anymore.  I am assured by people more familiar with carbs than I that there was no way this thing was running well if at all.  I had to replace a few o-rings (needle seat, etc), rebuild the accel pump (which was rotten), replace the crappy fuel screw, buy E-style throttle cables and fool around with airbox boot from an E, etc.  In the end I DID come out cheaper than a new FCR-MX kit by maybe $150 but in hindsight it would've been money well spent to go new.  My slant setup runs ok now but it was quite the hassle to get working.

• Like 1