Sign in to follow this  

Cylinder head replacement ?

Ok the klx 110 2007 is the first motor bike I have ever owned so please bare with me.

I bought this bike off craigslist and didn't fully check it all out. First I have no spark. Checked coil and resistance was off so that is ordered...but that was the easy part. Tried to put spark plug in and it just slides in and out. Tried to retread it with no luck. After talking to a few people they said I will need a new cylinder head. Went to look at taking it off and was wondering if there was a way of taking off timing chain without breaking into engine and loosening it up?

once you have removed the chain tensioner the chain will have enough slack to lift it up and slip the cams out and then you can hold onto the chain so it stays on the bottom sprocket and lift the head straight up and let the cam chain pass through and then you can zip tie it to the frame to keep tension on it.then when head is ready to go back on you can drop it down over the chain again ready for the cams to slip back in.if you can get your hands on the proper workshop manual it will show you how to do it step by step