Sign in to follow this  

2013 Oil leak

Hey guys,

I have a oil leak on my 2013 rmz 250...Im not sure where its coming from, the top of the motor have lots of oil like under the fuel injection system.

Any ideas?

did you check the valve clearance recently because sometimes dirt gets stuck on the head cover gasket, resulting in an oil leak

Hey guys,

I have a oil leak on my 2013 rmz 250...Im not sure where its coming from, the top of the motor have lots of oil like under the fuel injection system.

Any ideas?

can ypu post pics?

It is going to be really hard to help you without having more info... Try cleaning your engine and then ride around for a bit to see if you can isolate where the oil leak is coming from. Just don't go heavy on the gas; don't want to burn anything up due to lack of oil. 

did you check the valve clearance recently because sometimes dirt gets stuck on the head cover gasket, resulting in an oil leak

its brand new! have about a hour of riding time on it.

can ypu post pics?

I will post pictures later!

Could possibly be that freggin pebble sized hole in the case breather hose up near the throttle body underneath the heat sleeve

I think you could be right. and im always in the wheelie position...should I upgrade the clamp?

I think you could be right. and im always in the wheelie position...should I upgrade the clamp?

clamp? Ne clamp dude. Just may have too much oil in bike. If thats not the case then its gotta be the ridiculously long wheelies ;)

Make sure you clean your strainers, Mine had alot of metal chips when doing my first oil change. My 2013 has like 1.5 hours on it.

Make sure you clean your strainers, Mine had alot of metal chips when doing my first oil change. My 2013 has like 1.5 hours on it.

What is the best way to clean the strainer?

What is the best way to clean the strainer?

Or what I should say is how to clean it!?

Or what I should say is how to clean it!?

It's in the book that comes with the bike, under the maintenance section. The second strainer is behind the magneto side cover, the 1st strainer is under the shift lever behind that 12mm plug.

It's in the book that comes with the bike, under the maintenance section. The second strainer is behind the magneto side cover, the 1st strainer is under the shift lever behind that 12mm plug.

Thanks bro! how often should I clean them?

It's usually a "check" them thing but when the engine is new it's best to check them maybe first 3 oil changes, at least the 1st strainer. Also i would suggest change your oil every hour for the first 2-3 hours.

It's usually a "check" them thing but when the engine is new it's best to check them maybe first 3 oil changes, at least the 1st strainer. Also i would suggest change your oil every hour for the first 2-3 hours.

Thanks bro!!