Sign in to follow this  

Cold Starting "mystery" problem

So i have a 2007 CRF250R, completely stock, great shape, had valves checked over the winter and everything was good.

Here's the issue: I go out to the garage, bikes on the stand, choke, ONE KICK it will start, everytime, just like clockwork. When its hot, one maybe two kicks with the hotstart.

HOWEVER, say im going to the track, moving the bike around, so on, it does not want to start, 10, 15, 25 kicks it will take sometimes. Chock on, choke off dont seem to matter. Again if its been sitting in once place and hasnt been moved, ONE kick everytime.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, my thought maybe is the float level?

Sounds like you're flooding it while driving it around from place to place. Try turning off the petcock and running the bike out of fuel before your next truck'd trip and see if that helps. Perhaps your needle/seat are slightly leaking.

I have that same problem. Next time. You go somewhere and start it. Just pull the choke and give it a kick without touching the throttle. Should fire up. Don't pump the throttle like you usually would before you start it