Sign in to follow this  

Suspension rebuild help.

Alright guys. I am completly new to the suspension department. I ride rough rocky trails and hill climbs (no motocross and not considering it) with my 2012 rmz 450. I am looking for a solid setup and what specific parts should i get with this rebuild. Any help is appreceated.also i weigh about 140lbs and 5'7"

Edited by skiing

Softer springs and a revalve up front willl probably do the trick. IDK if you can get the forks plush enough for rough trails in stock form. 

You may be able to remove some oil to add some plushness in the mean time though.

Are you trying to avoid a revalve or is that part of your rebuild? The fork really needs it and as Bdubb said, lighter springs. The shock works well with the mx tech piston. The stock quad ring is responsible for much of the dead feel of the shock. The mid valve on the fork is pretty stout and the base has a 2 stage shim stack with pretty stiff high speed. Way off for trails. Way off for mx to, haha.

Are you trying to avoid a revalve or is that part of your rebuild? The fork really needs it and as Bdubb said, lighter springs. The shock works well with the mx tech piston. The stock quad ring is responsible for much of the dead feel of the shock. The mid valve on the fork is pretty stout and the base has a 2 stage shim stack with pretty stiff high speed. Way off for trails. Way off for mx to, haha.

Sent you a PM with some questions about my spare set of suspension.