Sign in to follow this  

Mobius X8 Knee Brace the next, great thing in knee protection?

High-tech Mobius X8 Knee Brace Uses Cable System

Mobius%20X8%20Grey%20Side%20Web.jpgFRISCO, Texas – One of the most memorable new products at the Tucker Rocky/Biker’s Choice Brand Show was the Mobius X8 Brace, a very different approach to knee braces for motocross riders.

Mobius inventor Darren Fleming developed the X8 Brace. The company says that it took seven years and an eventual collaboration with Supercross star Ryan Villopoto to arrive at this retail-ready design, which looks like something out of a futuristic sci-fi movie.

Selling Points: The design of the Mobius brace is intended to prevent three typical knee injuries: lateral bending, lateral rotation and hyperextension. The hard Nylon shell is supplemented by the Continuous Cable Routing System (CCRS). It is a continuous cable loop in a figure-eight configuration that loops around the knee joint. The CCRS tightens when forces are applied to the knee joint. In turn, the brace shells tighten, too, to keep the knee firmly in place.

Mobius%20X8%20White%20Back%20Web.jpgThe cable’s beginning tension is adjustable with a dial large enough to turn easily, even through a pair of pants. The straps that hold the brace in place are also adjustable.

Another notable feature of the Mobius X8 is that the front of the knee is never exposed. The brace’s panels are articulated, and even with the knee bent, the pieces overlap.

Options: Color options include white and bright yellow or gray and red.

Price: $599.95 per pair.

Ordering: Mobius has their launch planned for mid-September.

• Like 1

It looks interesting, but I highly disagree with the statement " looks like something out of a futuristic sci-fi movie."  It looks bulky and old.  Like something out of a '50s sci-fi flick.  Not modern at all. ;)

I don't know if I like the cable idea.

The cables on my Asterisk's are always binding up-to the point where I can't pull them out.

How long have you had the ultra cells?  Mine used to do that also.  They loosened up with use and time.

How long have you had the ultra cells?  Mine used to do that also.  They loosened up with use and time.

Couple years. Just recently ,the right lower cables would not pull out.

I think dirt gets in the mechanism at locks it up.

• Like 1

doubt it can deliver on the lateral rotation protection but if it could i'd buy one

Couple years. Just recently ,the right lower cables would not pull out.

I think dirt gets in the mechanism at locks it up.

It's just odd that they have the issues on these whereas the BOA system on snowboard boots has been pretty flawless for years.