Sign in to follow this  

kx 125 clutch actuator not working..

my brothers 2000 kx 125 sat for about 2 weeks, and when he went to ride it next the clutch would pull right to the bar with no resistance or anything, as if it wasnt grabbing somewhere. when looking at the clutch actuator (shown in pic) it just flops around with nothing happening. does anyone know whats going on, or know what has to be done to fix it? thanks.

WIN_20140804_133923.JPG

So, You're saying it worked fine then 2 weeks later...not fine? Is the lever returning on it's own?

It also looks like a brand new cable vs the rest of the dirty engine. Something not right here.

Edited by SAPPERS

yes it worked fine, and then 2 weeks later we went to replace the clutch cable and the actuator isnt working now. we dont understand it because we never played with it or messed with the actuator, we simply just went to replace the cable and nothing is working.

My KDX did something similar to that. It happened going up a small hill. It was the clutch wheel (or hub I forget. The part that you bolt the springs down on). I replaced that and it was all good.

But it might not be what your problem is. I was riding mine when it happened.

Edited by kdxphonedude

yes ive tried adjusting the cable, but the problem is you can physically grab the actuator thing with your hand and move it back and forth with no resistance, as if its not grabbing something inside.

Got to the FAQ section, look at my thread called Clutch & KIPS check. Alot of the basic "getting to the clutch" info is there as well as how to check your fibers.

That will at least get you started.