Sign in to follow this  

clear plasticline melting off the spigot on the power valve port?

my buddy's 2013 xc-w300 started running kind of crappy, idle up and down and seemed hot so we noticed it has melted the line off the post on the side of the cylinder. I'm wondering what would cause this? its not given any problems over the 3 month time he's been riding trails and it seem's to have great power- he says ? I'm thinking some thing is not right in the power valve that it gets enough heat through to melt that line at the cylinder so what's going on ? what should be checked now that it's getting so hot? with a holliday coming up just cutting the line flush and reattaching it seem's lame ...

the coolant level seems to be happy just below the top plate in the rad, I know it's hot out and its located near the expansion chamber's side  but some thing must not be right for this to happen?

The bike is new enough that no one should have had a reason to replace the line with an inferior plastic.

Be sure the line is clear and not stopped up. It needs to vent. Otherwise, if you can find no obvious causes, I'd cut and reattach it. Just keep an eye on it during every ride for a while. It may be easier to determine a cause from watching it over a period of time than it is from just suddenly finding it bad.

Many, including myself, run the line up under the seat and down. It can clog at the frame. This has been discussed quite a bit on the orange forum. Also make sure he is not losing fluid causing a overheating situation. There has been many with a leaking gasket. There is a "sticky" in the orange forum under 2 stroke.

I found it had overheated and lost 600mill of auntifreeze - I now have engine ice in it and have cut and reattached the hose and will get another hose- longer. the hose and nipples are clear , I washed the bike and run it and cant find any leak. I hope its done but am thinking about a trailtec fan kit