Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust question

I have a DRZ400sm that I am converting to dirt for riding the trans american trail in a few weeks. I am pretty much set with everything except I am concerned about my exhaust. I have the FCR carb and MRD SSW full exhaust. I love the power, but it is LOUD. Is that going to drive me crazy for a couple weeks on the TAT? I was thinking about switching to factory exhaust for this trip to ring the noise to a more peaceful level. Is this a bad idea? 

I have a Lexx Exhaust on my KTM and it works great, quiet also. RockyMountain ATV sells them less than 200 dollars.

You might also consider pulling it apart and checking the packing. Sometimes it's just gone and they get very loud and obnoxious. Also takes away power as it allows the exhaust to go into the outer chamber, where it doesn't belong. 

Thanks for the replies. The exhaust is fairly new so I am guessing the packing is ok. i have the quiet insert in and it helps make it a little better but not quiet by any means. I am just concerned that hours and days on the trail anything other than stock will start to become annoying.

In the northeast, that's definitely the wrong answer.

Stealth is our only hope to avoid arrest or angry landowners...