Sign in to follow this  

Woods trail Bike Which one?

Looking for a 4 stroke..been out of it for a while and getting back in with the kids..Use to ride 2 strokes back in day mainly 125 and 250's... I'm 6'3" about 260 and have my eye on a 96 xr600r...there is also a newer xr400 I seen - just not sure if it's enough bike to haul me up steep hills...what are your thoughts on bikes to look for brand and cc size...again my riding style is long trail runs for the most part. I also like a low maintenance bike as well. Taking my size into consideration what do you experienced riders think?

Cost wise...I'm looking at around 2k that's why I'm leaning towards the xr...but I find the right deal in something else I may do that too...just not sure what that something else is...how would u set up the suspension?...I'm not afraid to man hNdle a big bike in a tail....I rode an xr5 w no problems and also had tone's of fun on a Cr500 in the past...

Those XR's will have more than enough power. If not get an older WR250F or WR450F. If you don't have the money for those this may be a tad small but you could beef up the suspension on a TT-R230. It's a great bulletproof trail bike