Sign in to follow this  

2013 KX450 front end tick

Hi all from the west of Ireland.

New to this forum and looking for some input.

Today while showing a friend my 2013 kx450 I noticed a ticking noise coming from fork/front brake/disc area. The noise would happen while I bounced front fork up and down while front brakes applied, but there was no noise when I did the same bouncing without using brakes. Now my friend does not know alot about these things and as I was pushings the bike up and down I could not specifically say where the ticking was coming from.

Pressures in the air forks are good and same in both.

Could it be pads moving in the calipers?? I've seen this before when I used to track race r6's.

Just never seen it on an mx. No ticking noise what so ever when I got my pal to hold bike while I bounced it up and down from the pegs. This would lead me to think it may be pad/disc issue rather than internal fork issue...if its an issue at all.

Thanks in advance. Great site.

I know ive only given vague info but im writing this on a phone and it aint so user friendly!!

TKX

My best guess would be worn out fork bushings but that would depend on how many hours are on the bike, how it was ridden, and whether the forks have ever been serviced before. You'll probably get a better answer if you post this question in the KX450 specific forum, instead of general dirt bike discussion. Under the forums tab go to dirt bike, make/model specific, then you'll see Kawasaki and underneath it click KX450.

Ok il check those out. Thanks guys. Will try navigate site better :)

you're among friends here... prolly the pads shifting in caliper, or disk... although not all models have floating disks.

It's just the free play in the floating front disc. Normal

+2 if you have the stock disk on. It is floating and will make those ticking sounds.

+2 if you have the stock disk on. It is floating and will make those ticking sounds.

Oops. Nevermind. The stocker on the '13 is NOT a floater. My bad. :)