Sign in to follow this  

Found a little surprise tonight!

So my left case cover had a spot of jb weld on it ever since I bought it. Figured it was from being dropped. Being proactive I thought, well I don't like that so I will switch it out for a new cover.... Well, my night turned into this.

IMAG0382.jpg

100_MEDIA_IMAG03771.jpg

100_MEDIA_IMAG03811.jpg

• Like 2

im not seeing it,  is there something wrong?

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 2

im not seeing it,  is there something wrong?

+1,  i just viewed this thread and was wondering the same exact thing?

Waited for someone else to say something first tho,   :D

• Like 1

I guess its hard to see but the flywheel is all beat to hell, and the stator hold down bolts are welded to the stator!

• Like 3

I guess its hard to see but the flywheel is all beat to hell, and the stator hold down bolts are welded to the stator!

LOL,  ive never seen that,   thats one way to keep the bolts from backing out,   he probably had a bolt come undone before and mess things up,  so he did a more permanent version of the loctite fixes. 

• Like 7

I was wondering if those were permanently on there from the dark marks around the bolts! i was thinking i looked like there was more JB weld on them but Looks like PO went a step farther lol! PO prob welded the CS nut, Stator bolts, and anything else that could rattle loose!

what? i never seen anything like that!

is the magnet itself butchered ? the lightings bad in the picture

Damn, it was obviously running good as you stated you were just going to change the case. Unless you are ready to open that can I might just change the case and ride it untill that can really needed opened up.

• Like 1

Damn, it was obviously running good as you stated you were just going to change the case. Unless you are ready to open that can I might just change the case and ride it untill that can really needed opened up.

I agree if it aint broke dont fix it! Unless its going to end up doing harm to the rest of the bike, which i dont see why it would since the bolts are suppose to loctited anyways. 

• Like 1

So my left case cover had a spot of jb weld on it ever since I bought it. Figured it was from being dropped. Being proactive I thought, well I don't like that so I will switch it out for a new cover.... Well, my night turned into this.

IMAG0382.jpg

100_MEDIA_IMAG03771.jpg

100_MEDIA_IMAG03811.jpg

glad you said what was wrong, the pictures are hard to diagnose anything. 

he fixed the stator how he knew to fix things. it's fine. so is the case, it's there to hold the stator and cool it. if it's not leaking, reassemble the case, and ride. 

if you just can't leave it alone, you're doing to want to drill off the bolt heads (cover the stator!) and slide the stator off the remaining studs. then you can remove the studs with vice grips. get new bolts, loctite, all that fun stuff, and hopefully the drill didn't slip and ruin the stator 5 minutes into 'fixing' the 'fix'. 

i'd just ride it as it is. 

well the case leaks where it is cracked so it needs to be changed. I'm going to bring the case to work tomorrow and see what I can do with them bolts. I will leave the flywheel alone, it was running fine and wasn't making any noise or vibrations. Now I am real temped to take the other cover off and see what I find in there.

well the case leaks where it is cracked so it needs to be changed. I'm going to bring the case to work tomorrow and see what I can do with them bolts. I will leave the flywheel alone, it was running fine and wasn't making any noise or vibrations. Now I am real temped to take the other cover off and see what I find in there.

jbweld fixes it easily, until the next time it's dropped.

IMAG0382.jpg

100_MEDIA_IMAG03771.jpg

100_MEDIA_IMAG03811.jpg

just sayin....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181486466525&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT