Sign in to follow this  

'15 kickstart on '12?

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if a 2015 kickstart lever would fit on a 2012. I heard it gives more leverage and makes it easier to start, which would be good for me since it can be hard to start.

If anyone knows before I order one, thank you very much!

Hey guys,

I wanted to know if a 2015 kickstart lever would fit on a 2012. I heard it gives more leverage and makes it easier to start, which would be good for me since it can be hard to start.

If anyone knows before I order one, thank you very much!

yo sorry to get off topic but i have a 12 and the same problem. i cannot kick it over unless its in neutral. is that the same with you

yo sorry to get off topic but i have a 12 and the same problem. i cannot kick it over unless its in neutral. is that the same with you

It's fine, we all help each other.

Mine doesn't do that, but it's a pain to kick it in general since I'm young.

• Like 1

The 15 kick starter does fit the older bikes. I have a 12 & slipped my 15 kick lever  on it to check it out .

I liked the way it felt ...It kicked over easier & seemed to kick faster & started a bit better. There are internal changes to the 15

to help it start better but the kick lever is a big part of it based on my little test.

• Like 1

A 2014 oem kickstart lever is $144 at RM. 2015 parts not up yet but I would assume a similar price once they are available.