Rollins pass east trail

Has anyone been on this trail? I recently purchased 2 raptor 250's for my wife and daughter. My daughter does well in walden, but that is wide open. I have an ATV trails guide book that states Rollins Pass East is an easy trail. Can anyone vouch for this? I don't want my daughter and wife freaking out over logs n such. We were planning a trip down by Buffalo pass this weekend, had to postpone another week, so I figured I would at least get a ride in with the girls, letting them learn their machines some. Thanks for any input guys.image.jpg

East side of Rollins pass is easy...no problems whatsoever for newbs.  My kids learned to ride on Rollins with CR80F, CRF100F, CRF150F.  Was up there in late June just for old time sake. 

Please note that the road from Rolllinsville all the way up to the foot of Rollins Pass is county maintained and therefore you need to be licensed.  The Sheriff who lives in Tolland actively patrols the road.  Got stopped a couple years ago and found out about it.  Saw two KTM riders being stopped when we were up there in June.

A couple of side trails that might be more difficult are Jenny Creek trail and the short road to Jenny Lake (which really wouldnt be hard on ATVs)

Thanks for the response. I was not sure if I was going to take them there or over at Bunce school road trail. I have done Bunce a few times, but if Rollins is easier, that is where I will take them. Trying to ease them into the wilderness trails. I have hit some pretty gnarly ones with buddies who ride utility quads, they are always amazed of what I have my Raptor 700 conquer, lol. Is that the easier of the 2 trails? Bunce vs Rollins..

Rollins is an old railroad grade that was used prior to building the 6 mile moffat tunnel.  It is a pretty wide forest service road.  There are places that can get a bit rougher and rocky as the road deteriorates from normal wear/tear, erosion etc.  When i was a kid (back in the sixties and early seventies, you could take a 2 wheel drive, low clearance car over Rollins Pass to/from Winter Park.   Rollins would never be described as gnarly...not even close.

Cant compare the two since I have never been on Bunce School Road.  The one thing that I will tell you is that Rollins has some pretty scenery and great views since it climbs above treeline.