Sign in to follow this  

Kauai Labor day hare n hound teaser!

Awesome race!

Buy my bike will definitely NOT be on the container to Kauai.

They would never find me.

Yea.. I thought I'd be in shape enough by this time to go..but I still have a way to go.... I'm not going to pay all that money when I know I can't handle it physically right now.. It's my goal to go next year and to be fit enough to do that and the Oahu hare n hounds that have been brutal too... the guys who have done it know what's up with local style hare n hounds.. They have always been pretty much extreme enduros with a survival element to it..pride is just finishing . I lost about 15lbs and need to lose about 15 more ..all in my belly.. and build up my cardio and strength. Kauai is special and this year it's the 60th year!!! I don't think there are any trail races that have been put on for that long. I've got to get in shape and do it at least one more year. It will be a test being older and with medical conditions but that's a good goal... Kauai in 2015 and be real fit to do it. Hell I missed all the good tough ones here... End of the world hare n hound, Ride or Die hare n hound and the Chopper 5 poker run were all epic rides.. I was sick or injured and was almost relieved I didn't go when I saw how hard it was.. for sure I wouldn't be able to handle..  I'm wondering what will come up after Kauai race on Oahu as far as hare n hound..no matter .. I need a lot of training riding and cutting. .gotta go for longer runs.

Here's an old TV shot on the Kauai race..

Here's a Kauai hare n hound playlist..

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZUD9Qo1RWjkP4deDfRRu2DXNgknVV8Jt

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 2

The one year I went over in the 80's to "WATCH", I almost didn't make it out, lol.

Guys like Amorin still around?

Don't know.. but yur dating yourself.. That was a long time ago..only us (almost) old farts know those names. When I go to kahuku now I don't recognize anyone anymore.. most everyone is way younger..I'm one of if the oldest in the crowd lots of times.. How did that happen?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/126199280865717/354817304670579/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_activity

First place finisher.... 6 hours and 12 minutes

Last out :                   13 hours and 42 minutes.

...Didn't find out how many actually finished the course..and with all their checks .. yet

10622865_860935470597455_878185125244472

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Off of facebook:

Race stats update:

Earlier we reported the last A riders were out after 13 hrs 42 mins. We lied. 
Last A rider, Curtis Ritter, out 60 hours after the end of the race, so make that 73 hrs 42 mins. 
Shout out to Ryan Rutt, Pete Ricchardi and Makali'i Andrade for the Fern Hill rescue.

10678778_861139243910411_831660670687481

LOVE it.  I didn't realize that you guys had such a good riding scene over there. Everytime I go to The Islands to surf I look at the hills and wish I could ride.  We have good trails and surf in Northern California but that footage makes it very tempting to move the family over there.  I promise that I am no kook or Haole....   maybe a little bit haole but I never have a problem, even surfing Kauai.    

Thanks for the vids and the stoke!!!!