Sign in to follow this  

Anyone tried a Boyesen Power X-Wing type device?

Can anyone else vouch for these low end power enhancers?

X-Wing type devices are made by a number of makers, Boyesen is the Power X Wing, HCR has their Power Wing and there's another, name slips my mind, but it's quite larger and sits farther back towards the air filter in the rubber tube. They're quite pricy for a simple little fabbed sheet metal someone might be able to snip up in no time at home.

For as long as I remember, which isn't long these days, magazine's like Motocross Action and Dirt Rider have given every one of them positive reviews, to some extent, for giving low end a boost with no penalty on top, yet for some silly reason I've never tried one! Principle is they straighten the air flow, less turbulence = more velocity.

Any work with our crf's? I still may try to make one...

I like increased compression the best for my "low end power enhancement"

Much better bang for my buck!

I like increased compression the best for my "low end power enhancement"

Much better bang for my buck!

Do you bump compression on an otherwise stock motor Guy? If not, what's your best 230f setup, cam, comp, carb? Trying to keep my motor on pump gas too, you?

Do you ride easy? (Putt, putt, putt)

Or on the throttle hard and aggressive up steep hills, tight single track, using 1,2,3 gears

(Less air flow around engine).

Do you do your own work?

Comfortable with removing engines?

Disassemble engines and reassemble ?

You have the proper tools and an OEM factory shop manual, torque wrench?

There are easy things to improve performance (slightly) and more difficult things that would yield much more impressive results.

Minimum that I would do if I wanted the most torque and low speed grunt for the least amount of $$.

1) HC Weisco piston kit.

Drop in and ride. Biggest bang for the buck.

2) Want gobs more of the same?

Web 4mc/402 camshaft. Drop in and ride. No springs required. Web pretty much insists on new rocker arms...

I use new OEM with every cam install just to insure reliability.

Just as big of "Bang for the buck" as the HC piston.

Use only Chevron 91 premium if you ride easy... You'll be fine as long as it's jetted properly.

You live in Roseville CA correct? Buy

100 Octane Race fuel in our area for 9:00 gallon if you ride hard and aggressive.

You can mix 50/50 with Chevron fuel with no problems. Will run cooler during high load riding.

PM me. I can give you some easy tricks to make your bike run harder for no cash out of pocket.

But you must have the tools and skills to grind and match intake manifolds, exhaust header pipes and removing the muffler restrictor.

Edited by adnohguy
  • Like 1

I agree with Guy on the standard bore HC Weisco/Web Cam combo. With Mike Coe jetted carb and stock exhaust my the bike really performs on and off road. I can only imagine what it would do bored, head ported and the CDI he is using. The std bore Weisco/Web combo is better than the BBR big bore and cam I am running in my other 230 with BBR exhaust.

ST O.D.

• Like 2